Centre of Studies In Resources Engineering
Established in IIT Bombay in 1976, Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE) has grown into one of the premier centres in the country working in the frontier area of Geo-informatics and Natural Resources Engineering.
Modern technologies like Geographic Information System (GIS), Global Positioning System (GPS), Satellite image processing and Remote Sensing, are extensively used in the Centre's in teaching, research, consultancy and continuing education programmes.
CSRE has been active in contributing significantly towards the needs of developing and demonstrating the technology of satellite data utilization and development of Geographic Information Systems. The Centre has successfully demonstrated the application potential of remote sensing technology in the programs of disaster mitigation like drought and flood along with national agencies such as ISRO and NRSC.
The Centre has also developed mutually beneficial international collaborations to carry out contemporary research programs with Leeds University, UK, Miami and Minnesota Universities in USA, Melbourne University, Australia, Technical University of Budapest, Hungary and ITC, The Netherlands.
- Microwave Remote Sensing Lab
- Spatial Analysis Lab
- Geo Computational Systems Lab
- High Performance Computing Facility
- Interactive Image Processing Lab
- Geomatics Lab
- Agro Informatics Lab
- Soil Testing and Chemical Analysis Lab
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy Lab
- Geographic Information Systems
- Remote Sensing
- Satellite Image Processing
- Mineral Systems Studies and Mineral Exploration
- Environmental Pollution Studies
- Hydro-geology and Environmental Assessment and Monitoring
- Atmospheric Science Data Analysis
- Remote sensing of Cryosphere Components